Position Overview Help Build Airports. If you have a passion for aviation…we want to talk with you.
Av Air Pros has been helping our airline clients for 30+ years. We are a privately-held, employee-owned consulting and services firm and if you know and love airports and airlines…we have an exciting role for you.
As the Project Manager and Airline Technical Representative (ATR) you’ll be part of our team at San Diego International Airport supporting the San Diego County Regional Airport (SDCRAA). In this highly visible position you will champion various strategic airport construction-related initiatives. As the ATR, you will manage and coordinate complex aviation-related projects through all phases of programming, planning, design, and construction. Critical to your success is a rigorous focus on analysis and the ability to communicate that information to our clients.
In this leadership role you will support various functions related to a variety of major projects at SDCRAA including coordinating tasks and schedules, attending project meetings, communicating directly with Airport and Airline staff, and documenting communications. You will be successful if you have excellent time management, communication (verbal/writing), and enjoy regular collaboration with clients and internal team members. You can expect to work in office settings, on construction sites, and throughout bustling terminals. Experience working in commercial aviation is required…please and thank you
Speaking of please…please be good at:
- Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders supporting project implementation that meets the needs of the Airlines, the SDCRAA and San Diego County
- Assisting with coordination of project impacts and activities
- Building relationships and communicating directly with both Airline and Airport staff
- Identifying and evaluating alternative solutions to best meet program goals
- Providing support as requested by the SDCRAA or project teams to facilitate program coordination
- Requesting and reviewing required Airport approvals from the Airlines
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls among the various Airlines and between SDCRAA and the Airlines
- Composing and issuing documented communications to a variety of project teams
- Preparing memos, reports, briefings, proposals and other client deliverables that may include spreadsheets, complex graphs, charts, and tables
What you’ve done so far
- Worked in the aviation industry: airlines and/or airports
- Mastered the art of building relationships and working collaboratively
- Developed strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Polished your verbal and written skills, including public speaking to large and small groups
- Demonstrated a maniacal attention to detail
- Become highly proficient in Microsoft Suite
Where you built the foundation
- B.S. in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or Business, Finance, Aviation Management preferred
- Project Management skills a plus
Av Air Pros is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment for all including minorities/women/veterans/disabled/lgbt.