The Leidos Civil Group has an opening for an Airworthiness Specialist to support the Federal Aviation Administration Office of Aviation Data Systems Branch.
Specific Duties Will Include
The Airworthiness Specialist will utilize their expertise in Aircraft Maintenance to support the branch’s mission of collection, storage and distribution of aviation safety data. The selected candidate will work with various stakeholders including airlines and FAA SMEs.
- Review and assist in the revision of Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Publications
- Locate and research risk management content to be included in the AMT Airman Certification Standards (ACS)
- Provide assistance with developing new and revising existing airman knowledge test questions
- Provide assistance with responses to stakeholder feedback/inquiries
- Provide support for International Airman Knowledge Testing (AKT) Program: Review airman knowledge questions (e.g., AMT) for use by Civil Aviation Authorities
- Assist with formulation of oral and practical questions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Aviation or related degree or a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent related experience in aviation maintenance
- Airframe and/or Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
- Demonstrated strong technical, research, and data analytical skills
- Exposure to Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or similar work environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal direction/guidance
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and editing skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience providing quality customer service
Program Specific Salary Range for this position: $70K to $73K Annually
Pay Range $54,600.00 – $84,000.00 – $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.