Summer Intern, IT Station Support Jobs In USA | Frontier Airlines
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline – it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers – we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The primary role of a Station Support Technician Intern is to resolve reported hardware and software issues with desktop computers, thin clients, and a variety of peripherals unique to the airline industry. The technician, based on knowledge and skills, will assume ownership of service requests that include computer and operating system problems, install PC software, installation of desktop hardware, and assist with any general operator problems. The Station Support Technician is expected to support a Windows workstation environment, follow station support processes, manage unassigned tickets, perform tier 1 troubleshooting of system and/or network issues or with any other end-user technology being used at the company.
The Station Support Technician Intern provides limited incident investigation and triage with the goal of either resolving the issue or providing a workaround with escalation to Tier 2 resources as necessary to maintain SLA’s. This internship is for Summer 2023: 6/6/2023 – 9/1/2023, and is based in Denver, CO.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem isolation on desktop computers, thin clients, message printers, ticketing printers, point of sale kiosks, and other peripheral devices unique to the airline industry.
- Provide local and remote telephone support to answer technical questions from end-users.
- Use a ticketing system to log and manage work effort.
- Participate in technical projects as a task owner.
- Assess, prioritize and escalate reported issues quickly and provide status to the business and IT leadership
- On-site support at the assigned airport (Frontier Hanger*)
- Position will help senior techs with a wide range of job duties, this includes imaging and building Dell Computer hardware
- Preventive Maintenance of Dell, NCR, and General IT office equipment
- Travel to Remote airport with Senior IT Techs
- Lay Cables and wires for networks and PC Hardware (learn how to build out airport infrastructure)
- Help with IT asset control
- Bachelor’s degree in math, information systems, business administration or a related major; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 1-year experience supporting MS Windows & XP, network printers and PC hardware & software preferred
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, and other IT foundation technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with an incident management tracking system
- Ability to facilitate a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation, and teamwork
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to adapt to new, different, or changing situations
- Ability to schedule activities and set priorities to meet deadlines are met, goals accomplished
- Basic knowledge or interest of the airline industry a plus
- IT professional
- Passion for learning new technologies and process
- Strong Verbal and written communications
- Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
- Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- General Supervision: The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
($ per hour)
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.