- This position is responsible for installing and maintaining electrical, avionics and pitot/static systems. Will read and interpret maintenance manuals and other specifications to determine feasibility and methods of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Must have general knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and must be able to demonstrate the ability to research, produce and document major repairs and alterations paperwork for the FAA.
- Performs routine inspections on navigation and communications systems. Operates navigation and communication test equipment. Operates pitot/static test equipment. Certifies Altimeters and Air Data computer to FAR 91.4.11. Tests transponders per FAR 91.413. Troubleshoots and repairs pitot/static systems leaks. Installs and functionally check avionics systems.
- Installs and functionally checks avionics systems.
- Swings and compensates aircraft compass systems.
- Perform aircraft conditional inspections. Observe the precautions prescribed by the FOD prevention, housekeeping, tool control, and safety programs. Operate ground support equipment; use hand tools, special tools, and fixtures applicable to the assigned aircraft. Perform all tasks associated with ground movement of aircraft. Record maintenance actions in aircraft records, complete associated documentation as necessary, order parts and supplies as needed.
- Follow established procedures to ensure achievement of quality, safety, and security standards, and conserve government utilities. Perform other duties as required, which may include: Accomplishing assigned tasks in closely related fields, responding to changes in work schedules, overtime, and off-hour call-ins.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5-10 years experience.
- FAA A/P License preferred, but not required.
- Part 145 repair station experience favorable, but not required.
- Background and experience with Cessna series aircraft and small General Aviation preferred, but not required.
Vali Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. If you are an individual with a qualified disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation; if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access, Vali Incorporated’s website as a result of your disability.