There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
The senior representative will be responsible for project purchases as well as purchases on non-project material to support tactical operations. The senior representative will investigate and follow up with suppliers on a regular basis and escalate areas of concern to management in both purchasing and material planning. The senior representative will meet with suppliers to hold accountability and will assist in setting up new work management systems when needed.
- Responsible for EA Project purchases as well as purchases on non-project material to support tactical operations
- Understands EA project schedules and works closely with Material Planning and Engineering to ensure material is purchased in advance of need
- Follows up with suppliers on a regular basis and escalates areas of concern to management in both Purchasing and Material Planning
- Assists in setting up new work management systems
- Specifically creating processes to better track and communicate changing project schedules
- Able to work exceptions sourcing and purchasing of material to support airline needs by considering timeline required and price
- Manages glycol and turbo oil supply contracts
- Meets with suppliers to hold accountability to delivery and quality targets
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s Needed To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business or 4 years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years supply chain or related experience
- 1+ years project management experience
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management knowledge and software experience
- Knowledge of purchasing and sourcing processes
- Efficient with time and adaptable to changing priorities
- Able to travel (less than 25%)
What Will Help You Propel From The Pack
- 1+ years AOG support
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of AOG processes
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT WHQ00021712