Description The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a diverse and high energy leader to serve as a management representative working collaboratively in the Airport Operations Center (AOC). This operational unit presents an exciting opportunity to be part of the Port Authority Airports effort to enhance the customer experience and to meet the demands of a 24/7 World Class Airport Operator. The Assistant Manager, AOC will work as a team with Port Authority personnel, Port Authority Police (PAPD), air terminal operators, airlines, business partners, and state and federal government agencies, such as the Transportation Security Administration, Customs & Border Protection, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and others who have responsibility for the safety, security, and efficiency of airport operations. As a team leader you will be expected to achieve qualitative results of improving customer service and enhancing the operation of the airport. The Assistant Managers, AOC Will Be Responsible For
- Combining elements of routine coordination, assistance and planning, Common Operating Picture (COP) management, critical information management, and engagement with stakeholders at the local, state, and Federal levels to enhance customer service.
- Outside of normal business hours, the Assistant Managers, AOC will be the ranking management representative onsite and will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders’ facility operational issues, maintenance, and construction activities, as well as making appropriate notifications, communicating, and coordinating the response to airport incidents and emergencies
- Support the ongoing development and growth of the AOC facility, operational plans, concepts of operations (CONOPS), and standard operational procedures (SOP) to ensure optimal functionality aligned with industry best practices and existing operating protocols.
- Provide staff training, ensuring proper equipage and equipment readiness, conducting periodic training exercises, recommending AOC improvements, and additional duties as assigned
- Maintain effective working relationships with AOC partners and the local airport community
- Champion Airport Communications to internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Emergency Management, Business Administration, Transportation, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) or more years related operations experience working in an aviation or operational decision-making role with knowledge of multiple aspects of airport operations including, but not limited to: airport operations and management procedures, emergency operations, airline operations, or air traffic control operations
- Able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and to meet all requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card credential
- Available to respond to declared airport emergencies, expeditiously, 24-hours per day, seven (7) days per week, including holidays and outside of regularly scheduled shifts as a normal function of the job
- Available to work rotating schedule shifts covering afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
Desired Ideal Candidates Will Present The Following Profile Master’s Degree in Aviation Management, Emergency Management, Business Administration, Transportation, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience in an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) or Airport Operations Center (AOC), or related
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Regulations and Advisory Circulars, particularly those related to 14 CFR Part 139 and 49 CFR 1542
- Demonstrated knowledge of the airline industry business and operating practices
- Demonstrated experience in delivering customer service and customer communications programs in a transportation-related, high operational tempo environment
- Experience balancing multiple competing priorities, demonstrating sound judgment, and utilizing decision-making skills necessary to manage operational and emergency situations
- Experience with social media and Customer Communications
- Ability to multitask effectively
How To Apply Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the “Apply Now” button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. About The Port Authority Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency’s network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere. Equal Opportunity Employer The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.