Company Information Universal Asset Management (UAM) is an industry leader in the business of buying, selling, leasing, managing and recycling a wide variety of commercial aviation assets for an array of clients. The company specializes in Asset and Inventory Management, Aircraft Leasing, Component Sales, End-of-Life Recycling Programs and innovative technology research and development. Headquartered in Memphis Tennessee, the company has undergone considerable change and experienced monumental growth over the past decade. UAM has expanded to include offices and assets on six continents. UAM has implemented new technologies in every division and role throughout the company while transforming warehouses and UAM aircraft facilities to over five times their size. In March of 2017, UAM was acquired by ARI, a Hong Kong company, focused on commercial aircraft leasing and asset management. The Company’s business units are:
- Global Headquarters – Memphis, Tennessee
- Disassembly facility and warehouse – Tupelo, Mississippi
- Sales office – Croydon, UK
- ARI, Hong Kong, China
- China Aircraft Disassembly Centre, Harbin, China
Description & Responsibilities UAM Account Managers are ultimately responsible for marketing and selling our aviation component inventory to customers around the world in a timely manner. This includes the growth and development of the customer base, to include airlines, MRO’s, and other companies in the business of buying & selling aircraft components. UAM Sales operates under a “people to people” business model where relationships and customer service set us apart from other companies in the industry. These responsibilities include:
- Establish and grow relationships with customers to achieve all goals set forth for those accounts, keeping customer service the priority
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Support outside sales with customer data and quote history
- Receive RFQ, customers inquiries
- Provide customers with quotes, follow up on quotes
- Negotiate Sales price to close sales & assist junior sales team members is closing sales.
- Initiate & maintain contact with a high-volume of customers to develop further business
- Attend morning meeting with other Sales Department Operations to coordinate daily activity Assist Credit and Collection Manager in obtaining payments
- Identify customer requirements, issues, and needs, find a solution for those requirements, and see the solution through to completion
- Use creativity to improve the current sales process, focus on constant improvement
- Generate a large volume of phone calls to further build relationships with new customers
- Identify new customers and opportunities to include both airlines and other aviation companies interested in purchasing aviation components
- Achieve all sales goals, both monthly and annual
- Report results to the management team by collecting, analyzing and summarizing sales activity and information
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge by attending company training events, industry workshops, and following industry news & publications to stay current on the state of aviation and trends in the industry
Skills/Qualifications Relationship building, emphasizing excellence, negotiation, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals, creativity, sales planning, independence, motivation for sales, leadership skills, customer service, self-confidence required .In addition, candidates should possess the following:
- University education. Aviation focus, minimum level Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Technical background and experience in records trace for aircraft, engines, and major components preferred.
- Strong sales background – 5-10+ years – Component Sales experience is preferred, know how to foster and close a sale.
- Long, established history of building relationships with contacts & companies.
- Understanding (or ability/willingness to learn) UAM products & services.
- International sales experience and knowledge of global cultures.
- Excellent written and telephone communication.