The Aviation Safety Investigator’s primary responsibility is the investigation and prevention of accidents and incidents involving Spirit Airlines ground and flight operations. The investigation includes a report of the facts, conditions, and circumstances relating to each event and a determination of causal factors leading to the identification of hazards. These duties and responsibilities require a broad technical knowledge in the field of aviation, and experience and knowledge of investigative techniques.
- Conduct internal flight and ground safety investigations to determine threats and errors leading to the identification of hazards.
- Assist with monitoring the operating environment by assessing the severity of operational events.
- Assist with the tracking of all significant operational safety events and include the data on the corporate Safety Performance Indictors (SPI) log.
- Support established Flight and Ground Safety Programs to include hazard identification and incident/accident prevention.
- Analyze flight data and other information in support of investigations.
- Support the Aviation Safety Programs (ASAPs) as requested by the Event Review Committees (ERCs) and approved by the Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance.
- Review associated safety reports and audits to identify emerging areas requiring more detailed analysis (i.e., investigations, audits, inquiries).
- Provide assistance to domestic (NTSB and FAA) and international regulatory entities in support of aircraft investigations.
- Interface with all operating departments to share investigation results.
- Maintain awareness of current industry safety events and trends.
- Perform all additional tasks as assigned by the Manager, Safety Investigations.
- Communications: Provide written reports upon completion of accident/incident/trend investigations, detailing findings, analysis, and the identification of systemic hazards; prepare and present aviation safety briefings.
- Operational Liaison – Support Flight Ops, Inflight, TechOps, OCC, and Airport SMS meetings by presenting relevant findings related to internal flight and ground safety investigations.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience (Technical, Safety, or Aviation related discipline).
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Pilot/Dispatcher Certification preferred.
- Accident Investigation Certification preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Technical Writing
- Accident investigation coursework/experience in aviation accident investigations, preferred.
- Familiarity with National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and ICAO regulations.
- Presentation and oral communication skills
- Meticulous, highly observant and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a stressful environment for long periods of time
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Domestic & International travel approixmately 50% of time.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be present at the Worksite 100% of the time.
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits, and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.OverviewAt Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2022 and by LinkedIn as a Top Company in the Travel & Hospitality industry. Our constant growth and improvement means boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
EEOC StatementSpirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.